Tuesday, October 18, 2011

An Attempt at Blog Resuscitation...

Greetings from the Republic Area Chamber of Commerce! Jim Milner here, stepping in to assist in reviving this blog. As you can see from the previous entries, it's been a while since this was an active blog, and very few people ever participated. First, thank you to Sikander for her work in keeping it going as long as she did. Her writing skill and enthusiasm is appreciated. Hopefully she will still post here, so long as others are contributing and using this site for information.

My posts here will likely usually be shorter than Sikander's, mainly due to my abysmal typing skills, but I hope to provide useful and relevant content nonetheless. Anyone else who wants to share posts (event updates, news items, opinion, etc.) on this site should use the RACC contact form to let us know, and we will be glad to provide login information. You can also comment on posts without a login, and we encourage the feedback.

Since the Republic Blog is now incorporated into the RACC website, our goal for it is for it to become a clearinghouse for information of all things Republic, and a gathering place for our community to chat and share ideas and opinions. I would prefer it if we could change the trend of one person talking without any feedback, but that may take time. In the meantime, please bear with me. I will post Chamber and community information as it comes up and as I have the time and inclination. Be forewarned that I may post commentary also, if I feel that it is warranted. Anyone who disagrees with me or takes offense, please feel free to respond. This is a community blog, and all opinions will be shared (although some moderation may be required). Also, I know that some of the links in the sidebar are incorrect or outdated; it will take some time to update that, but it will get done. If you have any resources to add, use the contact link above to share them.

That's it for now. I trust that this is only the start. Thanks for the opportunity and for any and all participation.

Jim

No comments: